Monday, May 21, 2012

Reading, Writing, and School

I just finished reading Nicholas Sparks' The Lucky One. The story was absolutely amazing. From a writer's standpoint I was surprised that some of the writing techniques concerning dialogue and internal thought weren't kept consistent throughout the book, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of it. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie in order to see how the story was adapted to the big screen.

Next I'm going to read The Hunger Games. I want to keep up with what is most popular in the current literary world. I also have Charlaine Harris' next installment of the Sookie Stackhouse novels to read as well. I will be interested to compare how the most popular authors this year use different writing styles. I love that the education I have received has allowed me to not only improve my writing and write in news ways, but it has also taught me to read in new ways and with a more critical eye - All skills that I want to be able to utilize in the working world as well as in my personal life.

I'm not sure how much time I will have to read in the next few weeks though. My Senior capstone course starts today, so I'll get an idea of how much of my time that will take up in addition to looking for a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment